90 Days To SEO

A Virtual Real Time Case Study in SEO Using Mura & SEO Powersuite 

Like it or not, even the web's best content won't gain the traction it deserves without the liberal application of some search engine optimization techniques. Here at cfsnaphosting we take SEO very seriously and do what we can to empower our customers by walking them through the manual steps of site optimization - from keyword research all the way through tracking link request results. The SEO services that we offer our clients are automated, in part by the very powerful tools offered to us by the Mura CMS and the SEO Powersuite.

Recently we decided that it would be a valuable experience to test and validate our own SEO efforts. We applied the SEO techniques that we often praise and preach so that you could see how effective (and laborious) real search engine optimization actually is. What follows is the almost-real-time SEO efforts that we tracked and reported using the SEO Powersuite set of tools. We lay it all out there for you to see what worked (and what didn't).

SEO in 90 Days: The (not-so) Scientific Breakdown

In the interest of keeping things simple, here's what we did:

  • Using Rank Tracker we identified and confirmed the validity of several likely keywords and narrowed that short list down to just one keyword phrase ("Mura SEO"). We wanted to keep the test simple so deciding to pursue only one keyword phrase keeps it real. This is especially true as we often suggest to our clients that they only pursue 1-3 keywords per landing page, particularly while they're first starting out with SEO.
  • We optimized a landing page for "Mura SEO" utilizing WebSite Auditor. At the time we initially achieved a whopping 95.5% optimization rate (the next 3 highest web sites with pages that were optimized for our keyword phrase were reported to be 89%, 87.5% and 87.3% optimized, respectively).
  • We put on our camo gear, painted our faces, gave the guard dogs the night off and proceeded to sneak around the competitive "SEO compound" by getting some behind the scenes intel with SEO Spyglass. While no "aha!" pieces of data came back from the initial report, we did achieve several "hmmm... interesting..." moments.
  • Finally, we ran the old reliable Link Assistant app and acquired numerous, well-liked, relevant web sites that contained link request forms, had a Google Page Rank of at least 3 or higher and were considered to be "competitors" for the same keyword phrase. Our goal was to pursue link requests and turn everyone into allies instead of competitors.

Click here to follow the progress on the blogs!